The Occupant Shield Advantage
When comparing the Occupant Shield policy to those
offered by independent agents, there is a lot more to
its value than just the price!
- As a resident or prospective resident you are pre-approved for Occupant Shield just by living at our property. You can have a policy in less than 3 minutes! There is no individual underwriting. Enrollment may be submitted by you through our Occupant Shield website or by obtaining an enrollment form from the lease office. Most providers will require a 3-4 page application with various underwriting questions and often require a credit check. The rate other providers charge is based on many factors, including the response to all of these questions, your credit score, your driving record, the zip code of the property, etc.
- Our residents will NOT receive a premium increase for claims filed with Occupant Shield. All residents will pay the same rate for the same coverage. If the renter’s insurance policy is tied to an auto policy, an auto accident may cause an increase in the renter’s insurance premium. Likewise, a claim on the renter’s insurance may cause their auto premium to increase.
- Occupant Shield allows up to 2 named insured regardless of last names -Great for roommates! Most providers will not write a single policy for un-married couples; each has to obtain their own policy. Policy holders with Occupant Shield can add up to 2 MORE additional insured for a small annual fee of $25 per person. (4 named insured maximum; dependents of named insured under aged 18 are covered and do not count towards the maximum of 4 insured per policy)
- Occupant Shield has Replacement Cost coverage. Many lower rate policies are Actual Cost Value (ACV). This means you only receive the depreciated value of the damaged or lost item, not the cost to REPLACE the item at today’s price. This is the most common coverage removed to lower the premium!
- Hassel free claims- With Occupant Shield you can submit your claims online in minutes.
- Occupant Shield also covers damage caused by pets. Many policies exclude this coverage altogether.*
- Occupant Shield premiums can be paid monthly via debit/credit card or checking account. Many insurance companies require annual or bi-annual premium payments up-front to initiate the policy.
Sign up now by visiting your lease office to obtain a form
or Give Occupant Shield a call at 1-888-209-2023
*Pet coverage excluded in: Connecticut, North Carolina and Florida.